There is no bigger issue facing America today than the need to grow the economy and create jobs.
As a businessman for 30 years, and past Chairman of the Florida Chamber of Commerce, I know what it means to balance a budget, meet a payroll, and exercise the fiscal discipline necessary to keep a business moving forward.
Now, more than ever, we should be encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit that inspired a Steve Jobs to change the world from his parent’s garage, not drowning it with higher taxes and burdensome regulations.
To this end, I’ve introduced the “Buchanan Jobs Plan” in Congress to help restore the economy and get America working again.
Some of the provisions include:
- Tax Reform: Broadly restructure our tax system to make it simpler, fairer, and less burdensome to any would-be entrepreneur.
- Regulation Reform: Abolish unnecessary government regulations on employers that drive up costs while keeping job growth down.
- BBA: A Balanced Budget Amendment will help stabilize our economy. Unbelievably, the federal government has only balanced its budget five times in the past 50 years.
- Tort Reform: Pass far-reaching legal reform that discourages frivolous lawsuits that drive up costs on small businesses and consumers.
- Eliminate the New Health Law’s Mandate on Business: Repeal the new, heavy-handed requirement that all businesses buy health insurance for their employees.